Waste Management, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated environmental solutions in North America.
We partner with our customers and communities to manage and reduce waste from collection to disposal while recovering valuable resources and creating clean, renewable energy. We are on a quest for environmental performance, a mission to maximize resource value, while minimizing – and even eliminating – environmental impact so that both our economy and our environment can thrive.
Headquartered in Houston, the company serves nearly 20 million municipal, commercial, industrial, and residential customers through a network of 367 collection operations, 355 transfer stations, 273 active landfill disposal sites, 16 waste-to-energy plants, 104 recycling plants, and 111 beneficial-use landfill gas projects.
As North America’s largest residential recycler, WM is driven by a commitment to excellence and leadership. We provide real opportunities for career growth while making a difference in the communities we serve. If you are ready for a career opportunity with an organization that is recognized as an award winning, dynamic company and whose real goals, values and initiatives match yours – we invite you to express interest now – JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!
WM is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Indigenous / Female / Disability / Veteran
We are strongly committed to promoting diversity and inclusion.
“Diversity is about more than gender, race, or ethnicity. It’s about who we are as individuals and the unique differences we bring to Waste Management every day.” – Jim Fish, President and CEO
At Waste Management, we are committed to promoting and fostering equal opportunity for all employees in all areas of our company. Our goal is to make a workplace where everyone is valued and respected. Our diversity mission:
- To champion an inclusive culture that embraces individual differences and unique needs while driving innovation
- To leverage the diverse talent of our workforce to enhance business growth
- To ensure our workforce is reflective of the global marketplace and the divergent populations we serve
- To cultivate relationships with strategic business partners that will ensure our ability to access, attract, and retain an diverse workforce.
Waste Management will support its business priorities by leveraging the competitive advantage of our diverse workforce to drive superior business results. It is well proven that diverse teams promote creativity, innovation and product development.
Only by fully embracing diversity and maximizing the well-being and contributions of our people can we fully maximize the strength and competitiveness of our company. We must encourage individuals to reach their full potential, in pursuit of organizational objectives without inadvertently showing preference to one group over any other.
Inclusion is how we embrace and enable diversity at Waste Management. Our organization, investors, vendors and customers benefit from the broad perspectives of our diverse workforce. We are committed to building our diversity efforts, as well as capitalizing on the differences of our internal talent.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, family, retirement and professional development.
- Flex Benefit Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Optional Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- WM Scholarship Programs
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Financial and Educational Benefits
- Basic Life and Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Emergency Business Travel Insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount Programs
- Free Online Training Programs
*Benefits for union employees is in accordance with their Collective Agreement