Together, we are building vibrant communities
Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. We are united in our mission to transform communities everywhere into vibrant places where people want to live today, tomorrow, and forever.
At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 500 people with 15 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work. We are proud to work with diverse clients including Indigenous communities, all levels of government, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector.
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, we care for our communities and for our people. It’s our differences that make us exciting, and our shared belief in Urban Systems that binds us together. We’re searching for the creative and passionate and the curious and courageous to join us in creating meaningful and generational change in communities.
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation – Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment – You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Paid Time Off – We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future – To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TSFA.
- Learn and Grow – Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams – Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Beautiful Office – Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact – 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
Strengthened by our differences:
Urban Systems is committed to ensuring that our company is a place where people feel safe and supported in bringing all of who they are to work. We seek to embrace and celebrate differences knowing it supports the wellbeing and contributions of our people, makes our community richer, and our organization more successful. While we’re not ‘majority owned’ by one specific demographic, our firm has a diverse mix of people within our staff and partnership including Indigenous peoples, women, ethno-cultural people, people with diverse abilities, and LGBTQ2+.
Urban Matters CCC is a notable extension of Urban Systems. Urban Matters is one of Canada’s ﬁrst Community Contribution Companies (CCC), created to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate in and uniquely contribute to society. They specialize in affordable housing, health and social planning, community development, and social innovation. Urban Matters brings expertise in engagement and facilitation techniques, systems-thinking, asset and change management, effective governance, conﬂict resolution, values-based decision making, and human-centered design.
Urban Systems also created the Urban Systems Foundation – a charitable organization whose mission is to be a catalyst for change in the lives of people, and to contribute to our higher calling of “spirit in service for vibrant communities” by enabling and building human capacity. The Urban Systems Foundation serves as a vehicle for our people to give back to their communities – a tangible expression of the spirit of generosity and appreciation which is integral to Urban Systems’ way of being.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are and how you can help create vibrant communities, visit our website www.urbansystems.ca
Interested in working with us? View our Current Opportunities by clicking here.
|Job Title||Posted Date||City|
|Project Administrator (Temporary, 12 months)||2021-10-13||Kamloops|
|Civil Technologist (Transportation)||2021-10-08||Surrey|
|Civil Engineering Technologist||2021-10-07||Cranbrook|
|Civil Engineering Co-op Student||2021-10-05||Vancouver|
|Transportation Engineering Student||2021-09-21||Surrey|
|Transportation Civil Engineering Co-op Student||2021-09-14||Vancouver|
|Join the Team (General Application)||2021-02-03||Multiple Locations|