The future of work is you.
Our strategy and our values
We pride ourselves in putting the customer at the heart of everything we do – listening and learning from their feedback to deliver the best experience possible.
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
Percentage of TELUS employees that agree or strongly agree that TELUS respects team members regardless of demographic characteristics and abilities.
*2016 Engagement Survey
Diversity and Inclusiveness
Our vision is to be a leader in diversity and inclusion with top talent reflecting the diversity of our customers and communities at every level of the organization. These different perspectives, experiences and ways of thinking enable us to spark innovation, achieve our business strategy, and put our customers first.
Team member resource groups
Over the past seven years, six team member resource groups have formed at TELUS: Abilities Network, Alliance, Connections, Eagles, Mosaic and Spectrum. These groups provide an opportunity for individuals with a shared identity to come together for both personal and professional development. Team member resource groups offer mentoring, networking, peer support, volunteering and coaching opportunities. Additionally, team member resource groups raise awareness internally and externally about their identity.
Our Mission: To Engage, support and inspire TELUS Aboriginal team members in the pursuit of excellence in their careers and to provide an inclusive professional environment for First Nation, Métis, and Inuit team members and their allies; therefore, driving success in TELUS business initiatives.
- Vancouver Eagles members and family members supported the Trout Lake National Aboriginal Day celebrations by serving at the pancake breakfast, clearing tables, managing parade route, and working at several booths.
- Toronto Eagles and Community Ambassadors delivered 35 TELUS Comfort Kits and arranged for a donation of 10 laptops to the Native Women’s Centre in Hamilton. TELUS volunteers also unpacked over 60 bags of donations, re-packed and organized shelves, sorted through donation items transforming the rooms into a “Boutique style” donation centre allowing women to easily find required items.
Top Diversity Achievements
- Named one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the seventh consecutive year
- Continued to expand our Employee Resource Groups to include our International employees, who now have access to Spectrum, our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Allies group, and Connections, our women’s network
- Held National Aboriginal Day celebrations across the country
- Continued our Mentoring programs led by Mosaic, our ERG for New Canadians
- Partnered with the Canadian Autism Network to continue the Abilities Network speaker series, which focuses on creating a supportive and inclusive work environment for employees with varying abilities
- Continued our focus on celebrating women in leadership with our annual CHLOE awards and added a new category, Champion of Diversity, which celebrates those who leverage diversity of thought to help advance our business strategy.
- Conducted Unconscious Bias training with groups of leaders across TELUS.
Since 2000, TELUS has provided more than $1.2 million in charitable and sponsorship funding for Aboriginal Youth.
Everyone belongs at TELUS
It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more different opinions we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Everyone gets a great workplace at TELUS
You can come to work in one of our environmentally-sustainable, technologically-advanced office; you can meet customers in our next generation, connected retail stores; or, in many cases, you can work from home.
Everyone keeps learning at TELUS
We see ongoing development as part of your job and role. And we expect our Team Members to feel the same way. It’s a responsibility we share 50:50 with each team member because we want everyone tog row and get better, no matter what “better” looks like.
Everyone cares at TELUS
We give where we live and are making a big difference in communities right across the country. How big? Since 2000, we have given over $440 million and 6.8 million hours of our time to charities and non-profits in Canada. That’s almost a million days’ worth of work. We focus on health, sustainability and education, because we know these are the foundations of thriving, vibrant communities and thanks to our people, our customers and our technology – that’s exactly what we are building.
Everyone is valued at TELUS
We appreciate our team members and how hard they work. Our rewards package reflects how we feel, and includes salary, performance bonus programs as well as other perks and programs to keep body, mind and soul healthy and happy.
• Performance bonus programs
• Team member share purchase plan
• Flexible health benefits
• Pension plan contributions with generous company match
Explore our opportunities at TELUS
- Contact Centre
- Technology Solutions
- Sales & Marketing
- People & Culture, Finance and Corporate Affairs
- Students & New Grads