The Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority (SIGA) carries a vision to strengthen the lives of First Nations people through employment, economic growth, positive community relations and financial self reliance. SIGA moves to achieve this vision by operating distinctive gaming entertainment destinations that are rooted in the traditions of First Nations hospitality.
The Province of Saskatchewan, through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA), regulates SIGA with 100% of the profits from SIGA’s gaming operations being administered by the Province of Saskatchewan.
- 50% is shared with the First Nations Trust which is distributed to Saskatchewan First Nation communities;
- 25% is shared with regional Community Development Corporations (CDC’s) which distribute their share of the profits to charitable and not-for-profit community organizations;
- 25% is shared with the provincial government’s general revenue fund.
SIGA employs approximately 1,800 people in seven locations across Saskatchewan. We are one of the largest, most successful First Nation organizations in Canada. SIGA presently has over 175 different positions in the areas of Food & Beverage, Guest Services, Facilities, Live Games, Security, Slots, Cage, Surveillance, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology, Administration, Corporate Affairs and Operations. SIGA has a variety of flexible work options that will suit your needs at any point in your life, whether it’s casual or part time employment while you attend school or full time employment.
Once employed, there are many opportunities for learning, growth and advancement throughout the company. We take great pride in being a preferred employer and aspire to attract the very best and very brightest to become part of our family.
As a First Nations owned and operated organization, we take great pride in being a leader in employing First Nations people in North America and the positive impacts generated by the employment opportunities SIGA has to offer.
SIGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified, motivated and committed individuals who want to work toward the betterment of First Nations people to apply here.
1. We are one of a kind. SIGA is the only First Nation owned and operated gaming business that is also a non-profit company. We distribute all our profits back to the communities where we live and work.
2. We invest in you. We will work with you to build your professional development plan and get you on the road to success. We will also provide you with advancement opportunities to broaden your knowledge and skills through temporary appointments, lateral transfers and other role changes that suit your interests and abilities.
3. We reward you. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package – including pension, health and dental plans. We will also recognize and reward you for your performance and service.
4. We value family. Family is important to SIGA, so we will make sure you get a minimum of three weeks paid vacation, paid sick days, five days to attend to family and personal matters and three additional statutory holidays.
5. We Share Success. We are making a difference in Saskatchewan communities through scholarships, sponsorships and volunteerism.
Allow SIGA to help you Discover Your Potential.
SIGA’s goal is to support and mentor students to develop business and leadership skills needed to succeed in school, in their careers and in life. Check out the programs we offer below.
- Summer Student Program – This program allows returning post-secondary students to gain work experience in their related field of study. The Summer Student Program is a paid work placement that runs from May to August.
- Co-operative Education Program – The Co-operative Education Program is for second or third year post-secondary students to gain valuable experience in a professional environment related to their chosen major. The program typically lasts four to eight months. Individual timelines will be arranged to accommodate employer and student needs.
- Internship Program – The Internship Program is for recent post-secondary graduates who are looking for an opportunity to gain meaningful work experience in their chosen field of study. The program typically lasts for 12 months. The Internship program is a paid placement.
Food and Beverage Department
Guest Services/Marketing Department
Check out what employees are saying about working at SIGA.
Payroll Officer - Internal to SIGA Employees Only
Guest Services Representative 2 Casual
Guest Services Representative (3 months open to PHC only)
Food & Beverage Porter
Surveillance Manager -1 Year Term, Internal to Living Sky Casino Employees Only
Live Games Supervisor (open only to SIGA employees)
Marketing & Guest Services Manager