The Simcoe County Children’s Aid Society is a progressive child welfare agency committed to service excellence, teamwork and participation in decision-making. We respect and value diversity and operate from an anti-oppression framework. Located in a prime recreational area about one hour north of Toronto, we provide the opportunity to combine the career and lifestyle of your choice. We strive for equity, inclusiveness and diversity in all of our programs, facilities and practices.
The Simcoe County Children’s Aid Society has been serving the community since 1894. We provide a range of services to the community, including:
- Investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect;
- Protecting children who have suffered abuse or neglect (or are at risk of harm) by assisting and supporting their families to reduce harmful circumstances;
- Offering guidance, counseling and referral services to families whose children are at risk of abuse or neglect;
- Referring families to other service providers when we do not offer a service;
- Arranging for treatment services for children in our care;
- Placing children in alternative care arrangements depending on the legal status of the child and his or her needs;
- Recruiting, developing, educating and supporting foster and adoptive homes;
- Working hand-in-hand with our Foundation to provide opportunities, programs and services not covered by government funding.