Great minds. One goal. Canada’s success.
Who we are
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is Canada’s largest federal research and development organization with a century-long history and track record of contributing to the development of science and innovation in Canada.
We collaborate with over 70 colleges, universities and hospitals annually, work with 800 companies on their projects,
and provide advice or funding to over 8,000 small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) each year.
We bring together the brightest minds to deliver tangible impacts on the lives of Canadians and people around the world. Our breadth of expertise and infrastructure span a wide variety of scientific fields and industrial sectors.
Diversity enables excellence in research and innovation. Fostering a diverse, inclusive, welcoming and supportive workplace is important to us, and contributes to a more inclusive Canadian innovation system.
We support career and leadership development and offer flexible work schedules, telework and part-time work opportunities.
We welcome all qualified applicants and encourage candidates to self-declare as members of the following designated
employment equity groups: women, Indigenous peoples* (First Nations, Métis and Inuit), racialized persons* and persons
* The Employment Equity Act, which is under review, uses the terminology Aboriginal peoples and visible minorities.
The NRC at a glance
- We employ forward thinkers who work at the leading edge of research and technology to set a new standard for innovation.
- We are over 4,000 scientists, researchers, engineers, technologists and corporate staff, and about 500 independent and volunteer visitors.
- Every year, we attract some 500 undergraduates from universities and colleges to join the NRC.
- Our Industrial Research Assistance Program employs 300 industrial technology advisors.
- Our contributions stretch even further through partnerships, collaborations, national and international committees and networks where we participate on behalf of Canadian interests.
We develop innovative policies and programs to build an exciting and rewarding workplace that rivals the great research institutes of the world. For over 100 years, we have earned an international reputation for excellence and creativity in leading-edge research and innovation. Careers at NRC
We sponsor a number of employment programs to provide students and recent graduates the opportunity to develop their skills and expertise, while at the same time, gaining valuable experience working with research teams and leaders in our laboratories and research installations.
Why choose us
Consider building a future with us. As an NRC employee, achieving results means helping shape Canada’s societal and economic future. Whether we provide a client with technical services, deliver the results of a strategic research project, or support a client to adopt or adapt a new technology, we provide leading-edge and responsive market focused solutions to clients and partners.