Work for us! Find adventure and opportunity in the North.
Who We Are
The people of Canada’s North make up only 0.3% of the country’s population and are spread out over 4 million square kilometers (almost 1/3 of Canada’s land mass) of rugged terrain. We bring them together.
We connect the North through innovation—by supporting the development of advanced communications and entertainment solutions that reach further and provide better service for our customers. We serve over 121,000 people in 96 communities—46 of which are only accessible by air. It’s a vast and diverse audience. 70% of these communities have less than 500 people, while 40% of all our customers live in Whitehorse, Yellowknife and Iqaluit—the engines of business and government in the North.
Your Career at Northwestel
Open new doors and develop your skills with a high tech job at Northwestel.
There are almost 600 dedicated Northwestel employees working across the North — all in pursuit of one common goal.
Together, we are building a more connected North, where residents and businesses can prosper and thrive.
We are also committed to your professional development and career growth. We offer a competitive package and comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for training, development and advancement.
Investing in Our Communities
Since 2010, Northwestel has donated over
$3.3 million to community groups across the North, supporting
mental health and wellness, arts and culture, youth sports,
and Aboriginal community and cultural events.
Benefits of Employment
Northwestel is proud to offer one of the most competitive compensation
packages available in the North. Employees can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Team Incentive Program
- Northern Living Differential
- Vacation travel allowance
In addition, our Employee Savings Program offers:
- Employee share purchase
- Company pension plan
Plus you’ll save money on items you use every day with our Employee Discount Program, including:
- Discounts on Northwestel services – cable, internet, home phone and Bell Mobility service
- Discounts on car rentals, vehicle purchase, hotel accommodations, computers and more
Develop Your Career
Northwestel isn’t just a place to work – it’s a place to grow. We offer training and development opportunities to help you expand your skills, continue learning and advance your career.
We offer employees:
- Growth potential with varied career opportunities throughout our operating area
- Reimbursement up to $2000 per year for tuition expenses
- Interest-free loan up to $2500 to purchase technology devices
Health and Wellness
Northwestel puts the health and happiness of our people first.
Investing in the mental health and wellness of our Northern communities and our employees is a key priority. Mental health resources are made available to all staff, with access online, by phone and in person.
Other benefits include:
- Unlimited Mental Health benefits
- Flexible health and dental program including fitness account and health care spending account
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Life and disability protection insurance
A Career at Northwestel
Northwestel – In the Community
Click here to view more jobs